Thursday, April 19, 2007

We Hate the Vet

Zoë here -
I was NOT happy with Mommy today.

She came home early from work so I thought we were going to hang out and have fun together. But then she grabbed me and trimmed my claws. At least she gave me some Greenies afterward.
Then she had that look in her eyes like "I really hate to do this, but..." and I got scared. She was supposed to give me some benadryl before our vet appointment so I wouldn't have an allergic reaction like I did last year. (We went to the emergency room that time because I threw up 15+ times.)
So this time she took me into the bathroom - to keep me contained, because she knows me well - and tried to squirt this nasty tasting pink stuff down my throat. It was so gross and I kept trying to spit it out and I ended up foaming at the mouth and I was dripping foamy saliva all over her and the floor and I tried to run away. Darn that closed door! Mom apologized profusely, but then SHE DID IT AGAIN!!!
No way, man. I was havin' none of it and I made that clear. Eventually she gave up.
But that wasn't the end of it.
She wrangled Applejack and me up and put us in our respective carriers. I hate those things. Then we went for a ride in the car. I hate that thing. But at least I was quiet about it. Applejack cried during the whole car ride. He totally cries like a girl.
We get to the vet, wait for a little bit and then they took me to the back and GAVE ME A SHOT IN MY BUTT!!!! Apparently that's what I get for not drinking the children's benadryl at home.
I'll spare you the horrors of the checkup, but to say that Applejack was so nervous that he drooled all over the table. And I thought I was the scaredy cat!

No comments: