Friday, June 12, 2009

The Return of the Cousins

Zoë here - Mom is in Durham now, hanging out with the Chases, and she warned us that she will be returning with the two cats, our "cousins", Tucker and Carolina. Apparently, their parents are going to Europe for 2 months and they will be coming to live with us during that time.
Granted, we all lived together in the Chase house for a good 2 1/2 years, but we had much more space there. A two-story house, lots of rooms, etc. But we'll be reunited under much more cramped conditions... our mom's 1-bedroom apartment. They just better not steal my sleeping spot on the ottoman!

Here's a picture from one of those rare days back at the Lyon Farm house where all four of us were happily in the same room together. In this case, we were enjoying the open windows on a breezy spring day (girls on the left, boys on the right).


Applejack here - Mom told me specifically that I need to not be a bully to Tucker while he's at our house. I told her I'm not a bully, but she just looked at me, like "Yes, you ARE." But I can be a good host, I promised her. See, here's a picture of Tucker and me getting along and sharing a chair back at the old house....

Besides, Tucker has challenged me to a rematch at backgammon, so we're sure to have some good times together this summer.

No comments: