Sunday, March 25, 2007

Adoption Anniversary!

It was 2 years ago today that our Mommy came to adopt us from Safe Haven for Cats in Raleigh.
The people at the shelter had named us Rocko and Pronto but those weren't very good names so Mom renamed us and we think she did a great job. Applejack and Zoë are great names (even though some of her friends pretend they can't remember them and call us Flapjack and Mincemeat and things like that).
Here are some pictures from the first few weeks at our new home with Mom and Aunt Melanie:

Sleepy Zoë - wasn't I adorable?
Applejack - I loved playing with the scratching board that Uncle Ceece gave us. We still have it and we scratch on it all the time
Zoë - I was so tiny, I barely fit in my collar!
Applejack - from the very beginning I loved snuggling in Mommy's arms
Applejack - I got introduced to the outside world (well, it was a view of the pool). Mom had to pick me up and put me on the windowsill because it would still be another couple of months before I could jump that high.

When we first came home we had to be separated from each other when we weren't supervised because Zoë still had her stitches and we would fight so rough with each other. I stayed in Mom's bathroom and Zoë stayed in Aunt Melanie's. They thought we were crazy with how rough we played; we'd latch onto each other and roll around all in one ball. We still play but Zoë doesn't like it as much as she used to.

We're so happy to have a Mommy who takes such good care of us and loves us so much! There's nothing like a snuggle with Mommy.

No comments: