Thursday, March 22, 2007

Fighting Techniques

Zoë here -
I'm a defensive player. I always end up on my back, either by choice or because someone knocked me over. I tense up, put my ears back, curl up a little, and extend my back legs out one at a time to fend off the impending repeated attacks. Applejack will circle around me, looking for a good angle to attack from, and I'll swivel a little to be sure my outstretched legs will keep him off.

Applejack here -
I'm an offensive player, no doubt about it. I like to pounce and knock 'em over before they know what's hit them. Once I've got them pinned, I go for the jugular, take a big chomp, and just stay there while they try to wriggle free. It's pretty funny, because Zoë will start growling and hissing. I would laugh, but I want to keep my hold on her neck.

Now Tucker is one of those guys who will surprise you because he usually tries to keep a low profile around the house. But if we get into it, it's a whole different game.

When Tucker fights with his sister Carolina he uses the Peck-Swat technique, and that is hilarious to watch. He'll have Carolina on her back and he'll be standing over her. He'll dive down to peck at her once with his teeth and then immediately pulls his head back up while he swats her on the side on her head with his paw. He'll just do that over and over again until she fights him off. It's awesome to watch.

Carolina is a different story. She thinks she can take me, but come on, let's be real. She weighs half as much as I do. Sure, she's spry, but still... I mean REALLY, what chance does she have?

No comments: