Thursday, March 22, 2007

Counter Tops

Applejack here -

I've developed some new skills that I want to brag about. Well, I won't brag too loud because Mom gets mad when I display my new skills. But it's pretty exciting for me.

Back in our old home, when we were living with Mom and our real Aunt Melanie, Zoë and I never bothered to try to jump on the counters. I don't know why, we just never did.

So, when we moved in with the Chases last year, Tucker had this really cool escape hideout he could get to. Whenever he got spooked (and I confess that at the beginning I tried to do it intentionally) he would jump on the counter next to the fridge, then up on top of the fridge, and from there up to the little ledge over the tops of the cabinets. It's amazing and to this day I don't know how he does it.

Carolina is a serious counter top jumper. She treats it like it's a sport and she's an olympic hopeful. She's always getting on the kitchen counters and the island and the tables and it looked like so much fun, I just had to try. Surprisingly, I actually made it!
Unfortunately, this exciting new skill is something that Mom hates and gets really mad at me for. Well I say blame it on Carolina, because if it wasn't for her bad example, I would never have aspired to greatness.

My favorite now is getting on the windowsill in the kitchen.

No comments: